Property Services Vacancy ( Cork )
CAREER WITH TÚATH HOUSING
Túath Housing is the fastest growing housing association in Ireland.
We are ambitious and innovative with plans to deliver over 5,000 homes by 2020
What Túath Offers : New Career & New Move
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Property Services based in our Cork Office. Team within Túath. Our employees benefit from an excellent working environment, a supportive management team and an attractive benefits package to include:
- Generous Training Budget
- Flexible Working Hours
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Mileage Allowance
- 24 days Annual Leave (excluding public and bank holidays
POSITION : PROPERTY SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR – CORK ( PSCO/001)
JOB SUMMARY: To deal with building surveying duties such as property inspections, defect analysis, developing specifications, procurement, contract management and to support staff and tenants alike.
RESPONSIBLE TO: PROPERTY SERVICES MANAGER
SALARY: €45,405 – €53,299 PER ANNUM
TRAVEL: The post is based in cork, involving nationwide travel. A valid driving licence and use of a car for business purposes is required.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and quote the job reference to email@example.com or to our head office at
Túath Association, 33 Leeson Street Lower, Dublin 2.
The closing date for vacancy listed is Friday May 25th 2018 at 10.00am
Repairs & Maintenance:
- Undertaking pre- & post inspections of repair work and producing detailed and accurate reports.
- Providing technical advice and specifications along with the procurement and management of contractors.
- Instruction and supervision of contractors on site when required.
- Undertaking management of service contracts repairs and upgrades.
- Inspecting and reporting on a sample of completed repairs and service agreement work to ensure that the Association’s standards are met.
- Assessing and dealing with the payment of contractor invoices.
- Providing technical assistance to Housing Management and Development staff as required.
Planned & Cyclical Maintenance:
- Procuring Service and Maintenance Contracts.
- Undertaking pre- and post inspections of properties and works.
- Management of contracts including attending meetings and monitoring progress and performance, drafting reports.
- Managing, liaising and reporting on Fire Risk Assessment periodic reviews.
- Managing planned and cyclical maintenance programmes using a Building Asset Database.
- Carrying out feasibility studies on adaptation solutions.
- Undertaking pre- and post inspections of adaptation work recommended by Occupational Therapists and other relevant parties.
- Liaising with Local Authority and Occupational Therapists (or other relevant advisors), contractors and tenants before, during and after completion of the work.
- Drawing up work schedules and specifications to meet the requirements of the required adaptation work.
- Procuring competitive priced tenders based on the specifications.
Contract Procurement & Management:
- Assisting with preparation of specifications, working drawings and contract documentation.
- Assisting with preparation of documents for tender and advising on the appointment of contractors and procurement routes.
- Assisting with preparation, implementation and management of planned and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Assisting in the supervision of planned maintenance contracts and cost control.
- Assist in the procurement of Contractors and Professionals alike.
- Assist with carrying out feasibility studies.
- Assisting with preparing cost estimates for projects, based on initial feasibility studies.
- Liaise with Tenants and Contractors on the cyclical planned programme and quality control.
- Management of service contract providers and inspection of work.
- To undertake a range of surveying duties including pre-acquisition surveys, condition surveys, snag lists and measured surveys. Providing comprehensive written reports for same.
- Inspect and prepare reports on defects and other property condition issues and issuing repair works.
- Assisting in the designing/re-designing of buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities.
- Populate data for properties not surveyed based on completed survey data.
- Request /attend training appropriate to your role.
- Undertaking assessments of utility fuel provision and negotiating new supply provisions.
- Conducting all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others. To be aware and act in accordance with the Association’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Contributing to the effective delivery of a Quality Service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- Complying with the requirements of Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Equality legislation.
- Assist with the procurement of consultants.
- Participating on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- Liaising with Managing Agents / Companies in relation to the areas of their responsibility such as Fire Safety, Emergency lighting, lifts, common services and general repairs, service maintenance and cleaning of the areas under their control.
- Liaison with Housing Management on all aspects affecting tenants.
- Dealing with insurance claims, liaising with insurers, loss assessors and loss adjustors on behalf of the Association.
- Assisting the Property Services Manager, Directors and the Chief Executive of the Association with the compilation of stats, reports and data as required.
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Túath’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- To positively promote the Association in all activities.
- To exercise discretion in all aspects of the role.
- Offer technical advice to other staff.
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review.
April 24th, 2018