New Vacancy : Clerk of Works ( Dublin)
Job Title: Clerk of Works/Technical Services Coordinator
Department: Development & Property Services
Main Scope of Job: Clerk of Work services to identified construction sites, as well as more generic building surveying duties such as property inspections, defect analysis, developing specifications, procurement, contract management and to support staff and tenants alike.
Responsible to: Development Manager / Property Services Manager
Travel: The post requires a valid driving licence and the use of a car for business purposes.
If you would like to be considered please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our offices at
Túath Association, 29 Merrion Square, Dublin 2
marked for the attention of the Development Director before the closing date 14th April 2017.
Clerk of Works
- Site supervision of contract works of different building types and all trades, e.g. new-build housing and apartments, traveller accommodation, maintenance works of existing, refurbishment of residential buildings and community facilities etc.
- Monitoring of on-site construction, materials quality and standard; building materials testing and certificate verification; ensuring compliance with contract drawings and specification; measuring and recording all contract variations and carrying out level surveys on site.
- Monitoring and assessment of contract programme; liaising with project architect, engineers and site foreman/project manager; compliance with CoW, HSW duties and awareness of on-site safety and participation at and reporting to site meetings.
- To carry out inspections of building work as part of an approved home grant application to ensure all work is in compliance with architects drawings, occupational therapist reports and current Building Regulations where appropriate.
- To process all relevant home grant applications from initial inspection, through interim inspection where appropriate, to final inspection and technical sign-off.
- To liaise with clients, architects, contractors and any other stakeholders to ensure that all necessary technical information is communicated in a courteous and professional manner.
- To work closely and co-operatively with Local Authority departmental administrative teams.
- To carry out a programme of risk based building inspections to ensure compliance with Building Regulations.
- To carry out inspections as directed to fulfil the statutory obligation of the Local Authority.
- Reporting on the condition of structures, including structures that are protected, specifying repairs, renewals or rebuilding considered necessary to make unfit or defective premises fit for human habitation, and in accordance with the Building Regulations, put them into good repair and prepare estimates of cost thereof.
- Ascertaining the names and addresses of owners, agents or occupiers of structures / buildings and taking appropriate action including the preparation and service of notices and requisitions where necessary.
- Supervising as directed work of repair, construction, securing or demolition and where necessary issuing certificates of compliance with requirements of such notices;
- To carry out such duties as may be necessary in connection with legal proceedings including attending court and giving evidence.
- Acting on and communicating with departmental referrals from Local Authority departments as necessary.
- To keep accurate electronic and written records of inspections, notices, Court Orders, etc.
- To carry out such other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- To undertake a range of surveying duties to the Association’s property stock portfolio.
- Carry out surveys as required to include Structural Surveys, Condition Surveys, Snag Lists, Etc., providing comprehensive reports for same.
- Offer advice and support to staff.
- Inspect and prepare reports on defects and other property condition issues and issuing repair works.
- Populate data for properties not surveyed based on completed survey data.
- Assist in the procurement of Contractors and Professionals alike.
- Assist in the procurement and management of the planned programme.
- Liaise with Tenants and Contractors on the cyclical planned programme and quality control.
- Management of service contract providers and inspection of work.
- Provide support to the Property Services Manager and Development Manager as required.
- Offer technical advice to other staff.
- Open book-Inspection of Contractors work.
- Clerk of works role on new private finance/leasing acquisitions.
- Assist in the management of the Open Book Repairs Contract
- Request /attend training appropriate to your role.
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Túath’s and your own health and safety obligations.
- To positively promote the Association in all activities.
- To exercise discretion in all aspects of the role
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required
Demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding of building residential dwellings for affordable housing, private renting and homes for sale.
- Relevant experience in residential building development or related discipline (preferably in Affordable Housing Environment).
- Good understanding of Housing Sector standards and regulations relating to the design and building of Affordable Housing
- Good contract management experience and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self motivated, time-manage own workload, set priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Well motivated and with a desire to achieve own and team objectives and targets
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment within targets and to deadlines
- Commercial awareness and financial acumen.
- Communication skills able to communicate well at all levels
- Team work
- Leadership Skills
- Good project management principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office IT packages e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Asta, Integrated Housing database
April 6th, 2017