EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Túath Housing is the fastest growing and most innovative housing association in Ireland. We have ambitious plans to develop our target of 5,000 homes by end 2020 with 3,500 units currently in Management.
What Túath Offers : New Career & New Move
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Development Team within Túath. Our employees benefit from a great working environment, a supportive management team and an attractive benefits package:
- Generous Training Budget
- Flexible Working Hours
- City Centre Location
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Mileage Allowance
- Generous 24 days Annual Leave (excluding public and bank holidays).
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and quote the job reference to email@example.com or to our offices at
Túath Association, 33 Leeson Street Lower, Dublin 2.
Closing date is Monday 4th December 2017 at 10.00am.
POSITION : NEW DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR – DUBLIN ( NDCO/001)
CONTRACT : PERMANENT 37 HOURS PER WEEK
RESPONSIBLE TO: NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
To work as part of the development team to further the expansion of Túath via new business opportunities. To attract, appraise and secure new opportunities to increase housing supply. To ensure that each potential project is financially viable and offers value for money. To create and process opportunities and ensure that Túath identifies viable projects to develop a range of housing solutions whether through new build, purchase or leasing. To assist the New Business Development Manager & Development Director in the delivery of the Development Programme for Túath Housing.
- To identify and respond to new business opportunities, negotiating and ensuring they are commercially viable. These new business opportunities should include for social, cost rental and private rental options.
- To assist the Development Manager and Director in the preparation of tender submissions for new business.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders to further the expansion of the Association via new business opportunities.
- Operate with good commercial and financial acumen and be both creative and responsive in the delivery of new business.
- Analyse the need for housing provision in partnership with housing colleagues and relevant Local Authorities and prepare project appraisals to include surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals, business cases etc.
- Manage the site identification and feasibility process and establish and utilise a site feasibility checklist to mitigate risk.
- Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with all potential clients.
Programme Delivery and Support
- To assist in the delivery of the Development Programme for Túath Housing within agreed timescales, under the direction of the New Business Development Manager. This includes the provision of administrative support in the identification of potential projects including properties for purchase.
- To assist in the information flow of material to Local Authorities, the DHPCLG, Housing Agency, Consultants etc, and to keep concise and accurate records and ensure all project files comply fully with the Voluntary Regulation Code & are maintained to a standard fit for auditors examination.
- To provide suitable administrative support services for each scheme including attendance at meetings and minute taking.
- To support the liaison with Housing Management, Finance & Technical Services regarding handovers, identifying programmes of planned maintenance or area renewal, and to assist in any associated investment or economic appraisals to justify such programmes.
- To work with the Procurement & Contracts Co-ordinator in the selection of Consultants and Contractors.
- To assist the New Business Development Manager to ensure all potential development proposals submitted to the Association are recorded, actioned and submitted to the DHPCLG for approval.
- To consult with local residents and tenants with regard to new schemes.
- To liaise as appropriate with the Finance Director on Development schemes.
- To submit funding applications to Local Authorities, DHPCLG and relevant private finance providers ensuring they meet the defined criteria and timescale.
- To contribute to the effective delivery of a Quality Service through the formulation, review and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
- Help administer and maintain an efficient Development Team service at all times in support of both the Development Director & the Development Manager.
- To participate on forums/working groups/committees as required.
- To conduct all activities in a manner which is safe to yourself and others.
- To be aware and act in accordance with Túath’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Complete reports/ submissions for Túath’s Board meetings.
- To undertake any training courses deemed necessary for your role if it evolves.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review in the light of developments.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CO-ORDINATOR
Education and Training Attainments
Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar working environment.
Experience of development, construction, negotiation and property acquisitions
Understanding of and experience of working with partners
|3||Knowledge and Skills||
Computer literacy with experience that includes word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, e-mail, electronic schedulers and internet.
Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail and within deadlines
Possess good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to compose letters, memos and reports
Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative and also be part of a team
The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
The ability to deal with problems/enquires in a diplomatic and sensitive manner.
A high level of organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Possess commitment to deliver a high quality customer focused service
The ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, evaluation of options.
Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasions
Full, clean driving licence and daily use of car. Where prevented from this due to a disability the candidate must be able to demonstrate how they will meet the mobility requirements of the post.